Our Strategic Plan
July 1, 2014 - June 30, 2019
All Rutherford County students will graduate prepared for college and career success.
Rutherford County Schools will prepare all students for lifelong learning in a global community by partnering with families and communities, providing rigorous academic and career preparation experiences, and promoting a safe and nurturing school environment.
Strategic Performance Outcomes
By June 30, 2019, Rutherford County Schools will meet or exceed regional averages in the following indicators of school and student performance:
- Percentage of students achieving Level III or better performance on North Carolina End-of-Grade Tests of mathematics, reading, and science
- Percentage of students achieving Level III or better performance on North Carolina End-of-Course Test of Math I, English II, and Biology
- Percentage of high school juniors meeting or exceeding college readiness benchmarks on the ACT
- Percentage of Career-Technical Education completers achieving at least Silver level performance on ACT WorkKeys assessments
- Percentage of graduates passing higher-level secondary mathematics courses
- Average subtest and total SAT scores
- Annual dropout rate
- Cohort graduation rate (four- and five-year cohort models)
District Transformation Strategies
Transformation Strategy I: Engage every student in rigorous 21st century instruction focused on college and career success.
Transformation Strategy 2: Deploy a comprehensive, integrated system of support that is responsive to students' evolving social, emotional, and developmental needs.
Transformation Strategy 3: Ensure all students' equitable access to safe, modern facilities and appropriate learning resources.
Download as PDF
Strategic Plan 2014-2019