Information for New Residents


If you are new to Rutherford County and have a child who has been receiving special education services, contact the Program Specialist of the base school in your attendance area to provide them with documentation of your child’s special needs (i.e., a copy of the student’s Individual Education Plan).  When school is not in session, you may contact:            
              Exceptional Children Department            
              382 W. Main Street            
              Forest City, NC 28043            
              Phone: 828.288.2350 or 828.288.2351            
              Fax: 828.288.2492

If you are concerned that your child might be in need of special education and/or related services, you should contact the EC Department.
Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2019 West Corporation. All rights reserved.