REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
Statement of Purpose
As a result of the commitment of Rutherford County Schools to promote a safe and nurturing school environment, we have identified a need to replace a 4,500 sqft wind damaged section of roof at Chase High School.
Scope of Work
- Remove and dispose of existing BUR and TPO down to the existing concrete deck.
- Remove and dispose of the base flashing from all vertical surfaces.
- Remove and dispose of the exterior sheet metal from perimeters.
- Remove and dispose of the existing roof drain and cover over with flat stock 22 gauge sheet metal.
- Prep the existing concrete deck to receive new roofing system.
- Fully adhere roof insulation system to the concrete deck.
- Fully adhere a 60 mil white TPO roofing membrane over the new insulation.
- Flash existing roof penetrations per manufacturer’s specifications.
- Flash existing roof perimeter per manufacturer’s specifications.
- Install new 24 ga. prefinished steel gutters and downspouts at the perimeter and counter flashing.
- All construction is to be in accordance with the proper building code.
- All construction shall be performed at a time and manner as to not to disturb instructional time at Chase High School.
- The new roof shall have at least a 20 year manufacturer warranty as well as a 2 year contractor warranty.
- All building permit fees shall be included.
Outcome and Performance Standards
The completion date will be determined upon the execution of a purchase order from Rutherford County Schools.
Payments, Incentives, and Penalties
Work may commence upon receipt of an executed Purchase Order from Rutherford County Schools. Full payment upon satisfactory completion and acceptance of all work and products received.
Contractual Terms and Conditions
Installer/warranty service provider should have demonstrated corporate financial stability for a minimum of 10 years. References to be provided upon request. Rutherford County Schools reserves the right to consider historic information and facts about the proposer, whether gained from the submitted response, question and answer conferences, references, or any other source, during the evaluation process. Final terms and conditions will be specified upon award. Contractor must provide evidence of appropriate insurance coverage prior to award. Rutherford County Schools reserves the right to accept or reject any proposal submitted.
Evaluation and Award Process
Proposal recommendation to the Rutherford County Schools Board of Education will be based on best value procurement method.
All proposals must be submitted by 12 p.m., August 28th. Proposals may be mailed to:
Rutherford County Schools
Attention: Darren Lane
382 West Main Street
Forest City, NC 28043
Questions and responses will be posted to the website of original posting. Questions may be addressed to Mr. Darren Lane at (828) 429-8294.
Any prospective proposer may protest in writing to the Finance Officer within three (3) calendar days of the date of the award. Rutherford County Schools may exercise its right to require a protest bond or irrevocable letter of credit from a protesting party when applicable.
Please click here to download RFP